On June 18, 2022, as part of the “Environmental Disaster and Civic Mobilization in Angola” project, we held an Environmental Justice Forum, in collaboration with the Terceira Divisão Movement. The event took place at the headquarters of the Terceira Divisão in Cacuaco (Eco Campo) and featured team members Cláudio Fortuna and Ruy Llera Blanes, as well as Auber Fichess, co-founding member of Fridays For Future Angola. For technical reasons, it was not possible to count on the participation initially foreseen by Justiça Ambiental Moçambique.
In the event the Strategy Guide for the Concerned Citizen: Trash, Citizenship and Local Politics (in Portuguese), produced by the project and by Terceira Divisão.
The report can be consulted and downloaded here:
In the event, the following topics were discussed:
- Concepts and definitions: environmental justice, climate justice, environmental racism.
- The environment as a problem of citizenship in Angola.
- The environmental issue and the August 2022 elections in Angola.
- Environmental crimes in Angola.
- Initiatives and action proposals.